Welcome to 8th Annual Faith Fest
Faith Fest Owensboro 2018- (November 2 - 18)
An opportunity to meet and learn about the many Faith Communities of our area
TOUR OF FAITH HOMES
Twelve Faith Communities are opening their doors and inviting you to visit during open house. New to Faith Fest this year include First Presbyterian, Sts. Joseph & Paul, and Tri-State Guru Nanak Sikh Temple (Evansville).
Maestro Francesc de Paula Soler 'Poet of the Guitar' is an internationally recognized artist that will fill your spirit with music. His styles range from Spanish classical to blues. Maestro Soler is a Cultural Ambassador with LACIA (Languages and Culture in Action).
Over seventeen events are scheduled providing a wide-range of educational, prayer, fellowship, and service opportunities. Topics include 'My Journey to Interfaith Ministry' to 'What is Forgiveness: What Do Our Traditions Teach About It?'
THANKSGIVING COMMUNITY MEAL
What is a fest without food? Blessed Sacrament Chapel at 602 Sycamore St. will provide a free noon meal on Nov. 18 (reservation required). Also, most of the Faith Communities provide refreshment during their open house. The food provided is often culturally significant to that community.
COSTS / RESERVATIONS
- CELEBRATION CONCERT cost $10 at the door. Call 270-683-9868 if you have a question or wish to reserve a seat.
- THANKSGIVING COMMUNITY MEAL is Free, but requires reservation by Nov. 9th via 270-926-4741 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- SATURDAY SOUP KITCHEN volunteers at Woodlawn United Methodist must call 270-683-9868 by Wednesday.
- INTERFAITH THANKSGIVING SERVICE attendees are asked to bring a non-perishable food item for the HELP office.
FAITH FEST ORGANIZATION
Faith Fest Owensboro is hosted by the Owensboro area Faith Communities & The Owensboro-Daviess County Ministerial Association. Planning headquarters: 1UU, (corner of Cedar & Parrish) c/o Rev. Dr. Claudia A. Ramisch / 270-683-1462. www.uuowensboro.org.
Schedule and Additional Information
- 2018 Brochure with all details (Page 1) (Page 2)
- One-page Schedule of Open House Tours & Special Events
- Celebration Concert with Maestro Soler (Poster) (Additional info)
- Sacred Text Exhibit (Info)
- Religious Educators (Info) (Event Schedule)
- Tour of Faith Homes Schedule (Sunday Bulletin Insert)
- Interfaith Thanksgiving Service (Info)
Special Event Schedule
|FRIDAY PRAYERS @
Islamic Center of Owensboro
3131 Alvey Park Dr. W.
|KEYNOTE LECTURE: Rev. Bonnie Brown
"My Journey to Interfaith Ministry" @
Woodlawn UMC, 1120 Woodlawn Ave.
Kentucky Poor People's Campaign Speaker, sponsored by NonViolent Owensboro @ 1UU, Corner of Cedar & Parrish
"What Do Our Traditions Teach About It?"
Interfaith Guests @ OCTC
facilitated by Dr. Court Lewis, Humanities Bldg.
|INTRO TO HINDUISM & AARTI @
Tri-State Hindu Temple
6044 Vann Rd, Newburgh, IN
|CLASSICAL GUITAR CONCERT
by Maestro Soler @
Woodlawn UMC, 1120 Woodlawn Ave.
Tickets $10 / 270-683-9868 for reservations
|DRUM CIRCLE @
1UU, Corner of Cedar & Parrish
Bring a drum if you have one
|DEALING WITH VIOLENCE
By Third Baptist Youth
& NonViolent Owensboro @
Third Baptist Church, 527 Allen St
|INTRO TO SIKHISM & PRAYER @
Tri-State Sikh Temple
2816 N. Cullen Ave., Evansville, IN
|VESPERS & OPEN HOUSE @
St. Stephen's Cathedral, 610 Locust St.
Docents available for tours @ 4:45 pm
|TORAH STUDY @
Temple Adath Israel,
429 Daviess St. enter on 5th. St.
|SACRED TEXT EXHIBIT
Daviess County Public Library
1st Floor exhibit area
|THANKSGIVING COMMUNITY MEAL @
Blessed Sacrament Chapel
RESERVATIONS REQUIRED by 11 Nov. to email@example.com or 270-926-4741
|INTERFAITH THANKSGIVING SERVICE @
1UU, Corner of Cedar & Parrish;
Please bring a non-perishable food item for HELP Office
4:30 - 6:30 pm
|EVERY SATURDAY SOUP SUPPER
Service Opportunity @
Woodlawn United Methodist Church,
Call 270-683-9868 in advance to participate