This Little Light Grant
In 2008, UUCO received a UU Heartland District grant called a Chalice Lighter Grant. Chalice Lighter Grants come from a self-funded District program. Members in regional UU churches pledge 8 cents a day to help worthy projects elsewhere in the District. We began to dream about how we might be able to do something similar for worthy projects right here in Owensboro. So later in 2008, our Board of Trustees approved a mini-grants program for Owensboro-Daviess County. It is based on members pledging 5 cents a day to the program and it is called This Little Light
Total funds available for annual disbursement are $500. At least one grant is to be made each year. Grants can be made to individuals, non-profit organizations, churches, school clubs,charity or civic groups in Daviess County who present an application for a project that improves the quality of human life in Owensboro-Daviess County.
Projects should address one of these issues in a new way: Domestic Violence, Hunger, Homelessness, Literacy. or Bullying. Preference will be given to projects that enhance the self-sufficiency of those served or that have an extended reach into the community. Preference will also be given to projects with sustainable or repeatable plans. Grants will not be given to “keep the lights on” for already established work.
Applications will be accepted from 20 January - 01 March.
This Little Light Mini-Grant Program:
TLL Information packet
TLL Application form.
If you have any questions, please contact:
415-203-4023 or email@example.com (Subject Line: TLL GRANT QUESTION)
Completed applications are to be submitted to:
Unitarian Universalist Congregation
ATTN: This Little Light Committee
1221 Cedar St.
Owensboro, KY 42301
Previous Grant Recipients
- 2019- Third Baptist Youth Support Group (Violence Prevention Leadership Training)
- 2018- Foundation for Healing through the Arts: Mending Monologues
- 2017- Working Hands
- 2016- Expanding Kindermusik as a pilot program in OASIS
- 2016- Foundation for Healing Through the Arts
- 2015- Working Hands
- 2014- Disaster Ready Shelter for Pets and Large Animals
- 2013- It’s My Very Own: Daviess County Bags of Love
- 2013- Brescia Summer Tutoring Program & Imagination Library
- 2012- Hispanic Alliance of Greater Owensboro
- 2011- Financial Literacy for Homeless Families